Microsoft Office applies some separate and different method than Windows computer system for Activation and Updates purposes. Well, Microsoft Office is the complete suites which offer many programs such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and many others. Unfortunately, many users have recently encounter Office Activation error 0x80070426. The error code 0x80070426 usually occurs when users are activating or updating the Microsoft Office. When the Office Activation Error 0x80070426 occurs on the screen shows an error message which says, “An unexpected error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later. (Fix Microsoft Office Activation error 0x80070426)”.
However, this error code 0x80070426 is caused because of several sustaining services and progressions which are not working properly or being caused an error as intended. Are you facing the same error? Don’t worry, below we provide you stepwise guide which helps you in easily fixing the Office Activation error code 0x80070426. The steps are mentioned below.
Solutions to getting Rid of Microsoft Office Activation Error Code 0x80070426
Below we are illustrating the following steps to troubleshoot the Office Activation Error Code 0x80070426 for activating and updating the MS Office Activation on Windows. The steps are easy and simple, but only if you follow them in the manner, it is described on the screen. Both two methods are as follows:
- Verify Responsible Services
- Manually Run Activation Script
Method-1: Verify Responsible Services
- Firstly, click on the ‘Start’ tab to launch the start menu.
- Under the start menu, type ‘services.msc’ in the search field.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key to launch the ‘Windows Services Manager’ option.
- Now, a ‘User Account Control’ or UAC prompt appears on the screen, tap on the ‘Yes’ tab to navigate to the ‘Windows Service Manager’ utility window.
- Then, search for the ‘Software Licensing Service’ service entry from the available list inside the screen.
- After that, the right press on ‘Software Licensing Service’ and choose ‘Properties’ option.
- Ensure that its a ‘Startup Type’ which is set to ‘Automatic’ mode.
- Once completed, press the ‘Start’ tab to begin the services.
- Close all the ‘Services Manager’ window.
- Lastly, press the Windows + R keys all together to launch the ‘Run Utility’ option.
- Under the run utility box, enter ‘cmd’ and press the ‘Enter’ key to open a command prompt box.
- Under the command prompt box, type each command after the other:
- net start slsvc
- sc qc slsvc
- sc query slsvc
- sc qprivs slsvc
- sc qsidtype slsvc
- sc sdshow slsvc
- Finally, check that if the Microsoft Office Activation error code 0x80070426 or not. If not, follow the next step to fix the error.
Aric Wilson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, he has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.